Mr. Emery has 25 years of extensive experience practicing law in both California and Texas. Graduating from California Western School of Law in 1994, Mr. Emery has been actively pursuing cases and successfully providing consultations throughout his career. He has dealt with a variety of legal issues in all aspects of residential and commercial real estate title, real estate transactions, estate law, and entertainment law.
Real Estate Title
- Successful defense of large item title claims, including mechanic’s liens, complex priority disputes, CC&R’s, easements, governmental regulation, and fraud.
- Resolution of various types of title defects through negotiation, alternative dispute resolution, and the direction and completion of settlement agreements.
Real Estate Transactional
- Represent buyers and sellers in high value commercial transactions, including LOI’s, contract negotiation, escrow direction, due diligence, third party financing, closing documents, entity formation, and exit strategies.
- Handle residential tax and mortgage foreclosures on behalf of homeowners.
- Consult clients on estate strategy and asset protection, including will and trust preparation.
- Represent executors and administrators in probate proceedings.
- Represent musical artists in the renewal and defense of copyright income streams.