Scott Alan Miller
Mr. Miller’s litigation practice focuses on trials, arbitration and mediation, principally in the areas of real estate and business law. Mr. Miller is the chair of the firm’s Real Estate Litigation Practice Group.
Mr. Miller also serves as outside general counsel for individuals and small businesses on transactional matters ranging from contract preparation to employee termination utilizing his 25 years of litigation experience to proactively protect clients from lawsuits.
Prior to forming Dillon Miller Ahuja & Boss, Mr. Miller was a partner with the law firm of Seltzer Caplan McMahon Vitek.
- Obtained dismissal of claims against real estate brokers and agents for breach of fiduciary duty regarding commercial and residential transactions
- Successfully represented property owners and financial institutions in secured loan and title insurance litigation in California Superior Court and before the California Court of Appeal (click here for more)
- Successfully defended land owner in Code Compliance hearing brought by the City of San Diego
- Obtained favorable verdict and attorneys’ fees for property owner in complex easement dispute with neighbor in four-week bench trial
- Successfully represented both landlords and tenants in commercial lease disputes
- Obtained a dismissal and attorneys’ fees for owners of an apartment complex sued by tenants claiming personal injury from exposure to toxic mold
- Obtained judgment and attorneys’ fees for developer in breach of contract and fraud claim over the sale of recreational rights to private lake
- Defended home builders in complex construction defect litigation, including multi-million dollar landslide case
- Represented home buyer in dispute with seller for failure to disclose concealed defects and mold damage
- Obtained summary judgment for national electronic funds transfer processing company from unlawful competition claim and successfully represented the company on appeal in published opinion (click here for more)
- Obtained defense verdict and recovery of attorneys’ fees for charter airline in bench trial involving breach of contract, fraud and other tort claims
- Successfully represented purchasers of art gallery against seller in breach of contract and fraud claims
- Represented German telecommunication company in arbitration with California manufacturer in breach of contract action
- Obtained defense judgment and attorneys’ fees for education company and its founders from fraud claim brought by investor
- Defended airline in wrongful termination claim in a six-week jury trial
- Successfully represented oil and gas company in breach of contract, trade secret and securities litigation
- Successfully represented individuals and businesses in partnership disputes
- Obtained a dismissal for financial institution against local business in breach of contract claim and successfully represented the financial institution before the California Court of Appeal