Sunjina K. Ahuja
Ms. Ahuja concentrates on litigating complex civil matters in both state and federal courts. She primarily focuses on commercial and real property litigation, including areas involving commercial real property disputes, intellectual property disputes, cryptocurrency related litigation, contract disputes, international large dollar frauds, voidable transactions and interference torts.
- Obtained complete reversal on appeal of a jury award for a fraudulent transfer cause of action in a real estate dispute against one of the largest real estate developers in California. Client obtained all money paid toward the claim plus interest and costs.
- Obtained total victory on behalf of hotel owner who was a defendant in a misappropriation of trade secret case involving the La Jolla Inn in La Jolla, California. Secured full dismissal on summary judgment and obtained a judgment for the client’s attorney fees and costs expended in the case.
- Represented publicly traded Canadian corporation as plaintiff in a multi-national litigation against fraudsters who had absconded with over $10,000,000 from investors. After obtaining various prejudgment remedies securing fraudsters hidden assets, obtained a settlement for over 2x the amount client invested.
- Counsels largest cryptocurrency stablecoin with regard to both its international and domestic litigation matters.
- Successfully defended real estate developer through both trial and appellate courts regarding a California Environmental Quality Act (“CEQA”) challenge. Success on appeal resulted in a published California Appellate Court opinion regarding the standard of review on CEQA matters as well as an expansion of the doctrine of waiver as it applies to arguments made on appeal – Holden v. City of San Diego, 43 Cal.App.5th 404 (2019).
- Obtained complete reversal of summary judgment in a published and often cited California Appellate Court opinion that created new law regarding the validity of building restrictions – Self v. Sharafi, 220 Cal.App.4th 483 (2013)
- Successfully represented purchaser of a hotel property in Southern California. After securing key prejudgment remedies on behalf of client, obtained a swift settlement securing favorable purchase price for client of a hotel property that had appreciated by several millions.
- Successfully represented and counseled one of California’s largest suppliers of transportation and logistics management technology in connection with all intellectual property litigation matters.
- Commerical Litigation, inclusive of contract disputes, fraud, voidable transactions and interference torts
- Real Property Litigation
- Intellectual Property Litigation, inclusive of copyright infringement, trademark infringement and trade secret misappropriation